Sunday, June 5, 2011

There's something about vacation...

  There is absolutely something about vacation, and for me, one place I love to frequent is North Carolina.  I don't know if its the Southern charm, the sandy beaches, the rich food scene, or the nightlife and the things to see and do.  Get me to Wilmington, and I breathe a little easier, move a little slower, and drink my sweet magnolia wine sip by sip.  I love this place -  it's not home, but sometimes it sure feels a lot like it!
  I was so blessed this time, to be able to have my husband tag along for a few days and enjoy some family time with him and my parents.  They have a house that they live in during parts of the year, a sweet little 1800s bungalow. 
  We went this food tour that was by far, hands down, best food tour I have ever been on.  One by one, we walked all around down town Wilmington and stopped at 7 restaurants.  Our tour guide is a local food writer in the area - she is so well known, that as we walked down the street you could hear the random "hey Liz!"

 She gave a lot of fun facts about the history of restaurants and of Wilmington in general.  We met chefs, ate a lot of tasty food, and ate even more tasty food.  It was, by far, a great highlight of the trip!  If you are ever in Wilmington, I would highly recommend it.  I think I might even do the tour again!


Below are a few more random pictures from the trip.  Tomorrow is the last day - then back home to reality!!

    (Oliver loves the back of couches - he sinks into them here!)

    (My mom and me at the USS North Carolina)

                             (Isn't my poppa handsome!?)

No comments:

Post a Comment