Sometimes I look around my house, and as we are erasing the choices of the past owners, making our new mark, I wonder how they lived in this space. What it looked like with their furniture and their children running around. I think about what this home will be for us - as we move in to the future - and the house, and our lives change. I recently happened upon a website called dearphotograph.com, a website dedicated to taking an old photograph, and moving it into the present.
People and living things change so much quicker than the houses, roads, and other things around us at times. Don't get me wrong, I understand that roads widen, buildings get torn down, and new ones rebuilt. But when you see these photos, it makes you stop and smile, think, and wonder what will be, and what photographs hold when you take them with you into the future (with our space ships we'll be driving around... haha). As a lover of photography, I tie photos to memories. How I felt and looked in that very moment. I might not otherwise remember that day - but a photograph can take you back - and remind you of the very way you were.



Awesome!!! Nothing short of awesome...
ReplyDelete