Friday, July 8, 2011

Summertime ... and the Livin' is Easy

  I think whoever wrote that song meant to say "the livin' is busy and goes by way too fast!"  This Summer has been one thing after another (in a good way) and has been so incredibly packed with fun.  Between photo shoots, going up to Fort Wayne to see my husband (he's been working there this Summer), visiting family, hanging out with friends, chaperoning church camp for high schoolers in Panama City Beach, and more photo shoots, this Summer has been crazy!
  Recently, I got together with my friends Sarah and Mike, and their baby Drew for his six month photo session.  We met up at Sarah's aunt and uncle's house in Carmel and when I say they have an incredible property - that is a far far understatement!  They are apart of a garden club, and their multiple acre property is covered in amazing bushes, trees, flowers, plants, and so on.  Not only are they gorgeous, but they are all labeled!  The next time I need inspiration for plants around my house, I could just take a stroll up there and see the plants in action (so to speak...).
  It shows me that every one finds a niche of their own.  For me, it has been photography, and for them their gift and hobby is definitely gardening.  Walking around, there were so many places that we could take photographs - it was quite exciting!  Drew is an expressive little kiddo - I took his pictures back in March - but he's even more so now.  He makes happy faces, sad faces, and silly faces.  We had to work on him quite a bit this time - we shook necklaces, hung them from my camera lens, squeaked toys and anything else that would work - as he was going right through teething, but we got some fantastic photos out of him!  Teething is a crazy process, if you think about it, and Drew was a trouper through the entire thing!

Below are some favorites from the day!























2 comments:

  1. Love the pictures, Julie! Looks like your tricks worked great - I LOVE his expressions! I'm glad that you're moving forward with your photography and having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Laurie! I've loved every session! It's a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete