Friday, March 2, 2012

Welcome to Julie Bean Photgraphy

  When I first started out doing my phototgraphy, I happened to stumble upon it.  I had bought a nice camera, so maybe I should use it, right?  I never intended or could have foreseen what it would turn into.  When I look back at some of my first photos, I literally cringe.  I wasn't very good  had no clue what I was doing!  I thought that Lightroom (photoshop editing) + DSLR (nice camera) = amazing photography.  Boy, was I wrong!!
  Since then, it has been a constant process of seeking out learning and growing opportunities.  I've taken classes, spent countless hours soaking in others' knowledge and researching on the internet.  (Jessie Murphy and Kate Podjan have been true mentors to me!)  I feel with each new session, I have a deeper knowledge base than in the last.  I never feel, and I won't ever feel, as thought I have it "all figured out," but that's the art.  That's part of the intrigue .  It's knowing that I can continue to grow that brings me back to this art.
  So why this long story, for the reason I am changing my photography name?  Because as much as I am constantly growing and changing, I also have to remember to go back to my roots.
  As long as I can remember, my sister has called me "Julie Bean."  It's who I've always been, and it's who I'll always be.  It's who I am, just as I have always had a creative bug in my soul.  It took me many years to embrace that creativity.  Growing up I didn't always understand it.  I had to realize that just because my creativity didn't look like everybody else s, that it was no less creative.
  I could look around me at what other artists are doing with their photography, and think less of mine because it is different.  I could try to embrace their methods and techniques, but at the end of the day, I realize that I have to be me.  I just have to be Julie Bean.

Welcome to Julie Bean Photography.

 You can check out the new and improved website at juliebeanphotography.com or our facebook page at facebook.com/juliebeanphotography

1 comment:

  1. Gosh all my talented cousins are not helping my blog addiction! (Sigh)Oh well... :)

    I'm so excited for you and you are truly a very talented photographer! I can't wait to see all the amazing things you are doing!

    ReplyDelete