Thursday, March 1, 2012

{Kim and Greg} Engaged!

  Kim has been a friend of mine for the past 8 years.  We've been though hard times, and we've been though some of the best.  We went to Purdue together, and since I've known her, she's always been a breath of fresh air that lightens up my life with her 'lay it all out attitude.  She's genuine, and a truly one of a kind woman I am so blessed to know.
  Years ago, I received a call from Kim.  She had met this amazing man named Greg.  She said, "Greg went to your high school.  Do you know him?"  Since my high school is really big, I get this a lot, but most of the time, I don't know who they are talking about, or at best, the name sounds familiar.  But in this case, it seemed REALLY familiar.  I thought, how odd!  A friend of mine who is from Chicago, and went to Purdue with me, has met a man from my hometown, after college while in Chicago.  When they talk about small world, this was what they were referring to.  Because not only did his name sound familiar, when Greg and I finally met in person, we realized that we hung out at the same friend's house while in high school.  His friend Sarah was my boyfriend's younger sister.  Crazy!!
  So here we are, a few years later, and my husband Ross and I have a great friendship with Greg and Kim.  We have been saying for the last year that we need to get up to Chicago for a weekend with our good pals, but it just never seemed to work out.  Until about 2 months ago.
  I sent Kim a message and I said, "We are coming to see you.  Let us know when."  We put the date on the calendar for this past weekend, and the rest is history.
  We spent this past weekend with Kim and Greg, slumber partying it up in their loft apartment, going out to eat to pizza, sushi, and Thai places.  Staying up too late, and eating too much, walking all over Old Town, where they live, and having one heck of a weekend!  I just can't remember having this much fun in a long time.  We had missed them so, and when we got back together, it was as though time hadn't passed at all.
  While Ross and I were there this weekend, and as we walked all around the great city that is Chicago, I snapped some pictures of Kim and Greg, being their love bird selves all over the city in which they met and fell in love.  I am so blessed to have been able to take their pictures, and to have them as friends.  I wish them so much happiness.  So, so, so very much happiness!!























No comments:

Post a Comment