Summer is about to wind down, and I can't help but think of how much I LOVE Fall! Fall has got to be my very favorite season. It's not too hot, the leaves are starting to change, school is back in session (as a teacher I just love this), and it's a reminder that not only is the world around us constantly changing, but so we are as well. Each new day is a chance to learn something new, a chance to reach out to someone new, to smile and make someone's day, to catch moments in the making.
This Summer I have spent a bit of time with my sister's best friend, Kate. She is one of the most talented photographers that I know. This Summer, I have not only spent time with Kate, but I have learned a great deal from her as well. I love photography - it makes me talk a mile a minute, spend hours on the computer learning and researching, and this passion fuels this incredible hobby. There is so much that goes into photography - its the lighting, its the exposure, its the composure. But its also the emotion, the moment, the looks that means a million words. I give thanks for this art called photography. I know to some people its just "pictures" but to me it is so much more. I am thankful that I am constantly viewing this world in a composition of incredible moments that continue each second to transform. This world is changing and so are we. We can lock those moments in time - what a blessing that is.
Julie, you are so gifted in your photography...I am so thrilled you have been shooting with me! Can I tell you how AMAZING so many of the images you shot this weekend are?!!! You have grown so much in the last month alone. I can't wait to shoot the next wedding in a month. You're encouraging me to step my game up!
ReplyDelete